Tuesday, December 16, 2008

wow




Swear if it wasn't for the fact that blogger and gmail share the same login I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to even log on this blog, it's been that long. Wow my last post was April. Well I have no real good excuse except I don't seem to be very good at keeping a journal. I love the idea of it but doing it seems to be a whole different thing. Most of the time I feel I don't have anything interesting to say. Life is life, right? It's been busy and not busy too. Pretty creative around here as usual. Felties are being born all the time now and they're even making it into the shop. I am actually updating the shop. That was a feat in and of itself. I was certainly making the stuff (when am I not, right?) but I would just lose steam right around the part where you have to photograph everything. The light was never right or whatever. Now I either just make my own light or jump when the occassional sun comes out. It's makes me happy to see my shop now - full and colorful.

Oh! And I've been meeting such fun people lately I've joined the Philly Etsy Team. Such awesome people, people of like mind finally I found them, they are out there! I've been wanting to find local artists who get together for a while now. I'm not sure why it took me so long to think to look for an Etsy team in Philly, of course there would be one. But everything happens at the right time (sometimes a very hard thing to remember). I've attended a couple of shows this holiday time. I did well. I didn't make a ton of money but I feel good about them. I met a lot people, a lot of people took cards and a lot people really liked the felties. This is most important for me because I just live in my own world, my little bubble and I make what I like. Who knows if they are going to be liked by other people, if people are even going to get it. Well that's how I think anyway. So far, so good, so I keep going chugging along.

Other than that I just trying to keep up. Up as in happy. You see, I don't do so well with lots of dreary days this is why we had to leave Arcata eventhough we both miss it there so much. After a while I'm just dragging me feet. And I don't have a job right now, yep I'm part of that big unemployed statistic that going on right now. We're fine though Andrew's got a great job, I just don't do so well without a job. Something to push back against. I'm trying to hold out for a good, creative job in some kind of graphic design position. I've been learning so much these past couple months. I'm rockin in Illustrator and InDesign and tollerating Photoshop now. My brain is filling up. I still seriously need to work on my portfolio though. A little everyday - I can eat an elephant one bite at a time.....

No comments: