Saturday, February 28, 2009



Recently I joined to HiP Etsy team. A great group of handmade artists who reside in the lovely Keystone state. I sign up for what is called a "blog carnival" and was asked to write a little something about being a proud Pennsylvanian. This gives me something to think about. I'll start from the fact that the entire time I lived in CA all I wanted to do was get back to the east coast. Now, I'm not sure if I was home sick for PA specifcally or was it the east coast. I don't know the answer to this yet because I haven't lived anywhere else on the east coast. I want to, that's for sure and when I do I'll let you know the outcome. I love CA and it's now my second home. But I'm an east coast girl born and bred and that's hard to forget.

My favorite things about PA would have to been first and foremost the weather and seasons (and I guess these would be things that make me proud too). Those bright clear blue skies with fluffy white cotton ball clouds. Crisp blustery days, when the leaves are dancing. Misty mornings when you catch the best photos. The still quietness just after it snows. When all the trees bloom in the spring - it's a sight for sore eyes. When the leaves turn in the Fall, it blows my mind every year. Wood smoke smell in the air in the Fall. Lighting bugs in the summer. That one day in every season when you can just sense that change is coming. These are just some of the things that draw me here and say Home.

Please check out these other Handmade in PA blogs. On each of these blogs, you can find out other great reasons to be PA Proud. You can also find out how to get a great deal in each of their shops - now through Monday, March 2nd!

Tara from typOH - Enjoy FREE Shipping!

Kristen from WatersGirls - Enjoy 30% off your purchase!

Melissa from SqrlBee - Enjoy FREE Shipping!

Koco from MissKoco - Get a FREE lavender sachet with your purchase!

Lynn from UnaOdd - Enjoy FREE Shipping!

Rosie from RosiesWhimsy - Enjoy FREE Shipping!

Kerry from ALittleSparkle - Enjoy FREE Shipping!

Marissa from MarissaJoannaRojas, MJRojasPhoto, and YayforFidgetArt - Enjoy FREE Shipping!

Dana from WiredDesign - Get a single FREE "Never Enough" Sterling Silver stacking ring with your purchase!

Kimberly from ChezSucreChez- Enjoy 10% off all items in her shop!

Sarah from SweetSallysSoaps - Get 3 bars of handcrafted soap for $15!

Melanie from SpreadtheLove - Enjoy FREE Shipping!

Erin from Ruju - Enjoy FREE Shipping!

Hillary from Antebelle - Enjoy FREE Shipping!

Patty from ArtfulMommy - Enjoy FREE Shipping!
Emily from disCARDS - Enjoy FREE Shipping on orders over $5!

No comments: